Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Unblocked

It's strange how disparate things can come together and inspire. I came home from work in a low mood after another difficult day, and checked to see if my TMA was back (for the 57th time). It isn't. Then I thought I'd have a quick bash at Activity 6.2, which asks you to describe a place twice, and conjure two completely different moods in the setting.

I'd wondered about the idea of a woman with morning sickness being freaked out by the creepiness of the Pitt Rivers Museum, and the same woman, feeling well, loving the atmosphere (after reading someone elses 6.2 which used morning sickness). I'd played around with it at the weekend and left myself uninspired. Today I had some feedback in my tutor group about another exercise, that starting 'in the middle of the action' worked well. This made me think of starting with the woman staring at a shrunken head and her reaction to it. Suddenly, it just poured out of me, and I got really into refining and refining, working on each word. I'm quite happy with the result, so got straight on and did Activity 6.1. Could it be starting to flow again? I must remember that the way to get started is just to do something, just start, even if I'm not in the mood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buggles Balham High Road said...

It is flowing again.

Keep going ;-)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home