Sunday, April 02, 2006

Cheating and winning

It's been a blowy, April day with drenching showers picking their way across the city, soaking one part while ignoring the next. Andy played damp disc golf in South Park while I fed the worms and weeded the borders in sharp sunshine. I interspersed these chores and writing, lazily. Babe curled up in a sunbeam in the spare room.

I played with the course exercises and cheated quite a bit. In fact, quite a lot. I took each activity and twisted it, so I could use it to develop ideas I've been working on. So, for example, I took Activity 7.5 (writing from the point of view of a forgetful narrator), and used it to develop an incident from my children's fiction idea, from the perspective of one of the characters writing years after the events. She turned out not to be as forgetful as perhaps was meant, but I fleshed out my ideas a bit more!

After all, this is for fun, isn't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home